Now mountain bikes have 24 speed, 27 speed, 30 speed and other gear combinations. How to choose and change them? In fact, the purpose of variable speed is to “reduce vehicle damage and prevent personal damage” as much as possible. Today let’s take the 27 speed mountain bike from the previous 3 to the latter 9 as an example to interpret the gear matching skills.
01. During daily riding, the front driving disc uses gears 2-3, and the rear flywheel can choose gears 5, 6 and 7.
02. On a flat road, if you want to increase the speed, you need to put the driving plate in gear 3. The flywheel is selected to use 5-8 according to physical strength, and the general speed can reach 25-35 km/h; If you have extraordinary physical strength, make the driving disc and flywheel reach the highest 3-9 combination. At this time, when the pedal frequency is certain, the speed can reach 35-40 km/h; If you want to slow down, you should first reduce the flywheel and then the driving wheel, otherwise it is easy to step empty.
03. When encountering an uphill slope, according to the gradient, the driving wheel can be adjusted to gear 2 or 1, and the flywheel can be reduced to gear 4, 3, 2 and 1.
04. The first gear of the driving wheel is generally unavailable unless it is uphill.
05. Among so many gear combinations of mountain bikes, the combination of 3-5, 6 and 7 is advocated for the following reasons:
First, it can reduce the resistance when starting. Second, it can protect the knee: long-term use of the combination of 2-9 and 3-9 will make the knee joint in a state of tension and force for a long time, which will do great harm to the knee.
Third, it can reduce the burden of the flywheel and prolong the service life: often using the combination of large output ratio will accelerate the tooth disc with the largest wear and the flywheel with the smallest wear, and affect the service life of the transmission system.
06. When going downhill, you should use a larger gear, such as 3-8, because the downhill speed is fast and you often don’t need to step on it. Once you need to step on it, if the gear is too small, it is easy to step on it and cause an accident.
Free riding has become a way to decompress and bring us all kinds of fun. Finally, I hope you can have a safe and happy ride.